We have been walking together on the first Friday of each month since 2004.
We’re pleased that walkers are able join us from a wide number of locations, including Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Georgia, Greece, USA and Australia.
Our walks are designed so that they can be joined where ever you happen to be either remotely, or in person at various locations throughout Gloucestershire in the UK.
We try to synchronise our walks so that everyone begins their own walk together.
If you walk together with us in rural Gloucestershire, most walks are around 5-7 km with a mixture of terrain that can vary between muddy tracks on hillside to flat and grassy river banks.
Walkers come from a variety of different disciplines and include artists and non-artists. Although many who join us are painters, printmakers and photographers others are poets, naturalists, writers, film makers, sound recordists, musicians or psychogeographers
Walks are generally ‘themed’ or ‘scripted’ and often a vehicle for shared, mutually agreed projects.
If you’d like to join us on a walk or would like more information, please contact us
First Friday Walk dates 2023/24
- July: Cleeve Common led by Amanda Steer
- August: Honeybourne Line led by Zoe
- Sept: Remote Walk. Suggestions needed for theme.
- October: Dursley – part of Dursley walking festival – Ruth Illingworth has a contact
- Nov: Top of Stroud, Nether Lypiatt. Led by Lucy
- Dec: Honeybourne Line led by Zoe
- January: Gurney walk, Gloucester, led by Ffin and Lucy
- Feb: Community Family Tree led by Rachel and Richard
- March: St. David’s Day walk, Cardiff, led by Ffin
- April: Honeybourne Line led by Zoe